Monday, June 11, 2012

Hunter's Heart

It creeps up unexpected sometimes.  I haven't written in a while so I'm not sure the last time I felt it, but it's back.

I generally feel more inclined to write, or maybe just turn my ears and listen, and observe.  It's a sinister pricky at the front of my brain, a pulling from my forehead outward.  That's the best way I can describe it this morning.  But it's more too.  I'm aware of more going on, both inside and outside my head.  It's something exterior that I've caught the scent of, or heard the snapping of branches not far away.  It's anticipation and a certain restless need to sniff the intruder out, and possibly make a snack of it.

But it's more than that too.  There's emotion there too, maybe some fear, maybe some darkness.

Welcome back, Lan.  I have missed you dearly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home